Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#1

I’ve just finished packing my things. I had no idea everything would fit in my little suitcase! It’s all so real now (and even a little scary). I’ll be on a plane to another country, where I know no one, in less than two days. I’ve never been on a plane before, so that is the first thing I’m nervous about. I am also nervous about talking to my host family. What will I say to them? Will I be able to say anything at all? Will I understand anything they say? Although I am extremely nervous, I am also very excited. I’m going to Costa Rica! How could I not be excited? I get to be a part of the Costa Rican culture and “attempt” to learn their language. I feel like I will have a much larger appreciation for my students who are struggling to learn English after the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment